11.25.2008

Mom Balancing Tricks


When people find out I'm a mother of three children under the age of three & have my own business, I always get the same response, "wow, how do you do it?" Honestly, if you came & saw the state my house is in, you would see that it is IMPOSSIBLE to do everything. Lots of times I feel like I'm proving how impossible it is every day.

I feel like I'm constantly drowning in my to-do list & am having to adjust my expectations in many areas of my life. The biggest area is that our house generally isn't tidy; clean is another topic for another day. I've decided to just settle on wanting tidy.

Also, mealtimes have had to be adjusted. I am now big into freezer cooking. When I cook, I try to double or triple whatever I'm making & put portions into the freezer for later. What a lifesaver!!! Since eating healthy is a big priority, freezer cooking has been a HUGE help for our family.

Today I wanted to share my favorite Whole Wheat Pancake recipe, along with a photo of my ginormous pile I made today (doubled the batch). Sadly, though, the photo will have to wait until my camera will quit throwing a tantrum & load onto my computer... grrr. I put all the extra pancakes in the fridge & we'll throw them in the toaster for yummy home-made breakfasts as we need them. I got this recipe from my friend, Crazy Sheryl at FeedaFamilyTips.com, & have been using it weekly ever since.


Freshly Ground Whole Wheat Pancakes

2 cups freshly ground whole-wheat flour (grind before & freeze; use as needed)
2 tbsp sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp Dough Enhancer (makes the whole wheat light & fluffy - soy product)
2 cups milk
4 tbsp oil
1 tsp vanilla

1. In medium mixing bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, dough enhancer & salt. Make a "well" in center of dry mixture; set aside.

2. In another medium mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, oil & vanilla & mix. Add wet ingredients into the "well" in dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened (batter should still be lumpy)

Cook on a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet. Makes 16-20 standard (4-inch) pancakes.

Optional: add blueberries, chocolate chips, etc. to batter right before cooking.


Such a yummy recipe! These pancakes are even yummy cold. What do you do for breakfasts? Got some quick & easy ideas?
add to kirtsy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good site, great work and thank you for your service.

Post a Comment