12.24.2008

Twas the Night Before Christmas...

LOL! As I typed that blog entry, I wondered how many other blogs were title that today. :)

Today my family made our very first gingerbread house. It was quite an adventure. I bought the set (in a time crunch or I would have tried to make it) & thought it would be so fun for our kids. Well, my son threw a huge tantrum & didn't want to put any of the candy onto the house; he wanted to keep it in bowls. He was soon sent to his room until he could come out & be nice. My daughter loved helping, but loved eating everything more (there are half-eaten pieces of candy gracing the rooftop). And I got frustrated a few too many times with how my little dream of our family happily creating a gingerbread masterpiece. Oh well. Isn't that how life at home is most of the time? We spend a lot of time creating expectations of how things should go & what we want to accomplish, but in the end, the finished product turns out a lot better than we could ever hope for. I love this little messy house we made together because we made it together. It ended up that after everything was said & done, we all came together & had a fun time making our very first gingerbread house. I think we'll make it a Christmas Eve tradition (minus the yelling & time-outs).

Just wanted to type up a quick thank you to all of you for making our first holiday season so successful at CreatedByMom.com! It's been a pleasure working with you & we hope that you have a very, merry holiday & end your year happily! xoxo
add to kirtsy

2 comments:

elliedee said...

That's gorgeous. I love the trees, too!

jennifersusan said...

Nice house! Your Christmas eve sounds a lot like ours.

Post a Comment