12.09.2008

The Other Side of the Story

I know it's crazy, but as my kids watch their favorite cartoons, I think about the part of the story that isn't shown on the screen. I guess it's my entertainment so my mind doesn't go numb from the monotony of hearing the same theme songs every day while I'm doing a little housework. Do you do this too? I bet I'm not alone. Recently on Twitter a few of us were confessing how we rock out to theme songs on our kids favorite TV shows.

My kids LOVE SuperWhy. They want to watch it every morning. I've often wondered what the kids' parents think of them running off all the time without telling them they're going. Also, who gave them their "super dooper computers" and their fancy smart phones? They seem kinda young for such high tech electronics, & don't even get me started on the "why flyers" (they don't even watch where they're flying most of the time!). But, SuperWhy has the BEST music & dancing of any show. ;)


As my kids were watching Clifford I started to wonder what the "Clifford the Big Red Dog Goes to the Vet" episode would look like. Or I've wondered who gets to pick up the ginormous piles of poop that surely must come from such a big dog.

Do you do this too? What shows have you found a hilarious other side of the story for? I can't wait to hear!
add to kirtsy

2 comments:

jennifersusan said...

I have kids ranging from highschool to preschool so I've been watching children's programming for so long that the things that my oldest watched are still on for my youngest and he likes to make the comments like "where are Dora's parents and why is she wandering in the rain forest all alone?". It's so much fun to see the way my older kids look at the programming for their little brother and sister and question the logic.

Sugar Jones said...

OMG, I always always always do this! I thought it was just me! Whew! I caught myself asking the same questions as I watched Merry Christmas Charlie Brown. Where the heck are the parents? And why can't any of them speak???

Okay, girl... tell your friends... the magic is HERE! Contest is live on Wed the 10th. Good luck!

Post a Comment