12.29.2008

Toad in the Hole

I love breakfast! So, I thought I'd pass on another family favorite breakfast recipe. We call it "Toad in a Hole," though I'm not entirely sure why.

All you do is cut a hole in the middle of a slice of bread & fry an egg inside. French bread is our favorite kind to use for this, but any kind works. If you like a harder yolk, just heat them on a little lower heat with a little longer time. Then, voila: fancy breakfast with ingredients that most of us always have on hand.

I regret to say that I don't have a photo of the Baked Apple French Toast. We all ate it so fast that I didn't have time to snag a photo (it's THAT good... seriously!). Hopefully next time. ;)

What are your family faves or your standard breakfasts?

add to kirtsy

1 comment:

jennifersusan said...

Okay that looks so yummy! Definitely makes my boring eggs and toast look, well...boring. I'll have to try that out! Thanks!

Post a Comment